Monday, January 3, 2011

Last Cross of 2010

Well, we knocked off the rust and headed down to Cross off the old year… Met up and rode down in Derek’s new ride… 
Minimal heat, but enough.. Fun ride down and back… I only feared for my life one time.. Not bad Derek, not bad at all… I personally enjoyed the license plate attached by duct tape...
Hippy pulled off a 3rd in the old peoples 4 race… It was nice that at least one of us got at top 3….What in the hell he is doing in this picture here, the lord only knows...
Derek, Spencer and Nate made the trip down, had a good time.. I think anyway…
I ended up pretty disappointed with my performance (read here if you wish), but you know, its still fun even when your getting your butt kicked (which I did)….I enjoyed the course, it was nice to race when there is not a foot of snow on the ground like last year… Apparently, its easier to pedal when clipped in...
The run up was awesome, hurt really bad also.. The flats were deceptively difficult.. I had anticipated that it was going to be fast.. It was, but just soft enough that you had to work at it a bit more than I anticipated..
Looked like a pretty good turnout.. Was a good day all in all….
I missed Epic’s cross in Parkville… One of the boys will have to recap that one for you..

On another note, the Hippy and I were talking on the way home and the KC Cycling scene is lucky to have Roger Harrison. That guy goes all out in these cross races and we are absolutely blessed to have all the pics, etc. that he does.. If your reading this Roger, Thank you!!!

Would love to have you out at the MTB scene.. Pics are harder to come by…

Cross off the old Year Results.

Epic Cross Results.

Rogers Pics

1 comment:

OLDFATSLOW said...

Ok, now that silly season is over, how about someone posting some real bikings stuff! Mountain biking stuff I mean!