Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
As far as the trails go, I am pretty sure they are nasty and muddy with these high temperatures and snow melt... I think the leafs are helping absorb some of the wetness but I would not ride them until it gets cold enough for the ground to freeze... Anyway...
Thanks again Spenser... And who is going to the CX race next week?
Still no sign of that niner under my tree!!! Damn it.....
Monday, December 21, 2009
Santa, I just need this carbon niner, ss bike! I will never ask you for another present EVER!
Or at least until the 2011 model comes out!!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Junior: Aaron Robertson, Cycle City Racing
Women 4: Kay Lehman, SKC Racing
Women Open: Kathryn Mueller, KCOI/Boulevard
Single Speed: Steve Songer, 360 Racing
Cat 1/2: Shad Shreiner, 360 Racing
Cat 3/4: Robert Shultz, SKC Racing
Cat 4: Tyler Shumacher, KCOI/Boulevard
Cat 4, 35+ B: Craig Hoppe, Shore Sports
Masters 35+: Josh Taylor, 360 Racing
Masters 45+: Tie: Andy Lucas, 360 Racing and Steve Songer, 360 Racing
Masters 55+: Doug Long, 360 Racing
Monday, December 7, 2009
Here is Spencer on his second race, he did the ss and then cat 4... I think he used them as a warm up to ride 90mi home!!! Looks like ole Spenser is getting the hang of these things, getting much faster out there..
Nate is looking better... Keep at it!!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
It's that time again. Thanksgiving is over. We're all 5 pounds heavier than we were this time last week, and it's time to start thinking cross again. With only 4 more races on the local calendar we have to make each one count.
Boss Cross #4, the finale, is this Saturday 12/5 at Barry Platte Park. It's a killer venue that offers everything you want from a good cross course. Sand, rolling hills, lots of fast grass, some off camber descents, and some great paved sections. The park is really easy to get to. Take 1-69 north to the Barry Rd. Exit. Turn left and go 1/4 mile. Turn right on Old Stagecoach Rd. (signs pointing you toward park). The park is 2 blocks up on your left. Parking will be 1 block farther at Barry School. There is a sidewalk that goes straight to the park.
Registration opens at 9:00!
There are a lot of close races for the series. Remember, series winners will race for free in 2010!
10:00 A.M. Men 35+, 45+, 55+ 45 min
10:00 A.M. Women Open (1-4) 45 min
11:00 A.M. Men Cat 4 (35+ Beginners)
11:00 A.M. Women Cat 4 30 min
11:00 A.M. Junior 30 min
11:00 A.M. Single Speed (M &W) 30 min
12:00 P.M. Men Cat 4 30 min
1:00 P.M. Men Cat 3/4 45 min
2:00 P.M. Men Cat 1/2/3 60 min
Monday, November 30, 2009
Hear the Shores Sports boys did well up in Iowa, heard the course was fantastic. If you guys got some pics let us know...
All I could find was this one of Hoppe.... This is what happens when you have cheep wheelsets!
I am actually thinking about doing two races at Boss Cross... Since the SS is only 30 min...
Hope you all got a good weekend of riding, I only saw one person while I was out...
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- Jimbo, shoot us over that site you got the new MTB race info from...
- Good luck to JP an who ever else from Shores Sports who is going to Jingle Cross!! Take some pics and be sure to post how it went...
- Got a little feedback about my last post... Some of the hardcore think I got soft or something... Sooooo... coming soon, a post on what us (racin, hardcore, masochistic fools, OBSESSED WITH BEING fast freaks) really motivates us and goes through our heads when it comes to diggen deep.. AKA doing whatever it takes to get fast and kick someone elses ass!!(Hell I got it bad and I am new and ait proved shit yet) So, I might not be the authority, but have a damn good insight...
This is for those who aint going to come out riding... Javie, Rusty, its time to get off your damn road bikes and come play with the boys in the dirt!! That does for all the rest of you that I missed too (sorry), Bob, Nate, Billy, Bob, Brad, Derek, Jon, Rui, Dereck, Greg, Summer, Tim, Tim #2, I know there are an ass load I am forgeting (all you f-ers that can go on a pub crawl but not a tril ride)
T. Garv, I will bring beer if that helps!!! I know you have an mtb.... Come out have fun... SAT!!This picure is dedicated to the f-ing hippy! You know your in the right place when you are working on your bike and you see this poster 8'x4'...Bad ass... Lets get dirty!!!
Man, this got long, I babble, oops...
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- Cyclocross is badd ass!!! We have a make shift course out behind corby S. I timed it and basically you are going to have to run about 10 laps out there (non stop) to be competitive in cat 4.... Who cares really though.. F it... Have fun
- Let me let you in on a secret.... Its about pushing and competing against yourself.. Becoming a stronger better person than you thought you were... At the start line, you always ask yourself why am I doing this, but at the end your ALWAYS happy you did it..Nothing else matters, (so how you place really does not matter) its all about the experience... All I know is that you will be a better person after you race than before.. I don't know how to explain it better than that, you either get it or you don't... Just do it....
- Who the f**** is in charge of cleaning up Krug after the Halloween things? There is shit everywhere.. Its been 0ver a month now and there is crap all over the place up top... Ed,who do we talk to? Or do we have to clean up after them?.....
- We got an awesome week to ride coming up Thanksgiving week... Lets ride.. When do you want to roll beeoches?
Found another picture of Hoppe... This is how he likes to roll... Balls out!!!this is the hippy in his early years... Innovator, yes... We owe a lot to this fella... In case you did not know, he was the inventor of the first 109er.... (as seen below)
Monday, November 16, 2009
Here is BoB B. Rooting us on! Pretty cool, I love it you little freak... Bob Fitz came out to cheer us on also. They were all a bit disappointed when they found out you can't buy booze in KS on Sundays!
Here is a pic of Hoppy.... He rolled up to the start right next to me. We started the Cat 4 on the cobbles which were very slick.. About the time I thought to myself "someone is going to bite it on these things".. I see Hoppe get a mouth and shoulder full of wet cobblestone. As he was sliding across the ground he about took me with him... Luckily I stayed rubber side down (Hoppy, its called skllz beeoch)....
Friday, November 13, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
JP over the obstacles....
Sunday, November 8, 2009
After finishing doing some laps with my two boys, we met John & Jeff Shipman. They are fairly new in town and going to school at MWSU. They are young and already accomplished cyclists. They expressed interest in mtb with others and also helping out with trail maint/building. Below is their contact info... so make them feel at home boys.