Friday, November 30, 2007
Shawn, can you bring the shop weed whacker and leaf blower?
Chainsaws I know of right now are Randy, Rusty, Jav, Bob, and Dave.
We can park in the grass clearings just off the parkway near the new lower section that is cut and rideable.
Meet at 8:30AM, or show up whenever you can. I'll have some refreshments and dirt work tools to keep everyone rolling.
Plan and dress for rain and crappy weather - which is good, because then no one will be tempted to ride instead of hack underbrush (that goes more for me than anyone else).
Can't wait to see you all there!!!!!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
On my way back through the other direction I ran into Chainsaw Kenny and his buddy in Corby South. They tell me they have permission to cut down trees for fire wood. I said cool, and asked if they would be willing to do trail work too. Kenny said if there's wood in it for him, he's all over it. Anyway, sounds like we'll have another chainsaw for Saturday.
You never know who you're going to meet in the woods.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Just spoke with Jason and we're planning on starting from Corby tomorrow around 1PM... hope to see several out there.
I'm still contemplating going to Crowder SP on Sunday... call me if interested.
I'm finally getting around to posting the only photo I took of Lansen during our trip last weekend. Those steps were VERY slippery... so much that Lansen didn't want to wait at the middle for me to pull out the camera and snap the photo... that's why he's so happy in this photo.
I'm ready for another another epic adventure. How about Crowder SP this Sunday... anyone? Hopefully I won't loose another pair of mtb shoes this time!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
So the challenge is simply to do a lap and then see if you can beat your previous time. When I started out there I was in the 30 minute range... so don't be intimidated by my current time. Just go out there and do your best... it's really fun to see yourself go faster and faster over time.
Trail Work Day!
We're still planning on doing the trail work day for December 01. We'll get started at about 8:30 AM and will wrap it up when ever. I'll have a couple hand saws, a polesaw/lopper, shovel, hoe, and a sythe. Sounds like we have a couple chainsaws lined up and a weed whacker or two. We should be able to make some pretty good progress pretty quick, I think. If enough people show, maybe we can finish the loop in one day. Of course, that assumes Randy and Shawn don't finish the whole thing before we can get to it.... Heee Heee Heee, just kidding.
BTW, if you aren't feeling lucky today - take a look at the Folks From Lincoln Blog. Our brothers up North are in the middle of another skirmish with the city. Makes me feel pretty lucky that St. Joe's parks & rec department is so cool about building and maintaining trails on city property. Other places are not so lucky, to be sure.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
- Date: Saturday December 01, 2007
- Time: 8:30 AM
- Meeting Location: Bike Path Trail Head on the Parkway
- Parking Location: Park along the road that connects the parkway with Karnes Rd.
- What do we need?: We need at least 2 chainsaws ; 2-3 Polaskis, shovels, or heavy hoes ; 1 Weedwhacker ; Everyone should have a folding handsaw if you can get ahold of one.
A cooler of water will be available, and I'll get ahold of some sodas and beers for a couple post work refreshments.
We'll probably work till 2 PM or so. With a good group, we should be able to get through most of what is currently marked right now.
SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!
Each ride advertised on this site will abide by the following format:
- Ride will begin within 10 minutes of the posted start time.
- The first segment of the ride will be geared to keep everyone together. The "keep it together" part of the ride will be between 1/2 hour and 1 hour in length, and will be chosen based on the group that shows up.
- At the end of the first ride segment, we will stop and make the decision on what's next.
- If everyone wants to continue on at the same rate and pace, that's what we'll do.
- If there are diverse riding abilities and goals present, riders may split. One group will continue to be geared for a cohesive group ride. The other group will be geared for higher speed and a more "race pace" type of ride. The higher speed group may hit several different trails and will not be as concerned with maintaining the group structure.
We'll give this methodology a try on Tuesday night. Hopefully lots of people will be able to make it out and we can try out the format.
See you all at Corby - start the "keep it together" ride at 6-ish.
Friday, November 9, 2007
The tentative plan is to ride Corby South, North, Girl Scout, and Krug. Should be a nice ride, if not a little leafy. I'd like to keep a smooth steady pace, maybe do Krug twice if the mood strikes.
See ya in the AM.