Monday, October 5, 2009

Boss Cross (aka) WTF am I doing? RANDY!

OK, Randy calls me on Saturday and shames me into a cross race.. What could go wrong? Huh...
First off' I now can barley walk (knee) but won't get much into that. AND did you know they don't give out effen T-shirts?!?! If I only had found that out BEFORE I went down there, I could have spared a little pain and suffering. This is our nice course. Not a single hill out there, 30 min of straight peddling for us... 45 for JP.. After we register this is what I came back to the truck with.. These roadies take this shit seriously.. Look at this dude, people are warming up on trainers, they bring out multiple bikes and wheelsets... Seriously... I aint a kiddin ya...
This is how you pre race warm up.. Dude, you take a crap and you go ride.. Trainers, we don't need no stinkin trainers!!!!!
J P all ready to go, in his matching roadie gear from head to toe..
Randy and I had the ONLY mountain bikes out there.... That minus our not being in our matching roadie gear, we stuck out like a turd in a punch bowl..It was about the time I took this picture that I realized that the two of us have just brought our knives to a gun fight...
The Hippy ready to rock and rolls!!
Not sure how JP fared in his two races, needless to say he was smokin laps quicker than we were. Randy and I raced in the single speed class, he fared a bit better than I did. I beat one person!!! Awesome!! The combination of fat tires and geared (33/18 - they were geared about 36/16 or higher) for mountain bike trails did not help us out very much. Randy doesn't think that mattered much, but F him.. It did.. That's why he beat me, he had a skinny tire on the back... (Randy, insert retort here)
All in all, it was a great experience and I do plan on doing it again.. Not on a mountain bike however.. Daddy needs a single speed cross bike....
JP, thanks for getting us off our asses and heading down with ya....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job you guys!

I especially like the photo of the pre ride duece drop. There's no better way to get an edge over the competition than droping a few pounds before the race!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

It'll take more than a couple of dumps to lower mine to race weight. For what it's worth, that was my 4th crap that morning! When I stop getting nervous before a race I'll stop racing.
The hippie
P.S Jason...you're just gonna have to harden the F up!