Monday, August 30, 2010

MTB Race Season Winding Down..

What a 2010 its been so far! Can’t believe that the summer is gone and only one more month of MTB races… Three weekends, and that’s it. Time to turn your attention to skinnneeee tires and big time leg shavers!

So here is the game plan for whoever is interested! Its now or never…

This Saturday, September 4th, I am going to head down to Swope Park, KCMO to preview the singletrack out there. So if your interested, just let me know.. Going to try and leave early so we can get back at a decent time..

THEN, its two weekends of racing to finish off the season: UFD Series

Frist off Tour De Lizard, Arkansas City, KS (wherever the hell that is) on September 12th…


After this, last race of the season, KC Cup, Swope Park, KCMO on September 19th… If your done with MTB already there is a CX race that Saturday…

All in all its been an awesome season, got my little mini me due on September 27th. So I am going to take a little break for the beginning of Cross season. Much needed, have been battling burnout for about a month now… Legs are dead more than not and need a little RR…. With a newborn, prob not going to be either restfull or relaxing, but will give my legs time to recover…..

Anyway, someone is going to have to take over the posts for a little and keep us up to date on Cross Season!

4 comments:

thedawg28 said...

Dont forget the Berryman Epic at the end of Oct....its a blast. However it is on the same weekend of Smithville Cross race. Have fun at Swope this weekend...it is a blast, very rocky!!! I actually have a section named after me there....JAWBREAKER!!! Busted my face up on the ledge drop....rode another 3 laps with what looked like a baseball in my cheek!!! LOL....great season for you guys. Cant wait til cross!!!

JDOUG said...

I hear ya... You cat-in up to one next year?

thedawg28 said...

As much as I hate to think about it....probably!! Ive place 1st or 2nd in every race ive done in Cat 2 so I dont really feel like dealing with the sandbagging comments like I had to at the end of cross last year. LOL. Although I kinda like the idea of staying in Cat 2 and drinking all the beer I want and still being competitive. I need to pick a time and come over and ride Stjoe with you guys, those trails are a blast!!!

JDOUG said...

Just say when... We would be happy to show you around...