Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sweet Honey Creek

Great day at Honey Creek yesterday. RT and I skied the A and B loops, nearly in their entirity. We figured that put us somewhere between 12 and 14 miles.

Ran into Jav snowshoeing at one point, although he was so bundled up I didn't recognize him until he spoke. It was pretty chilly at parts. I don't think we ever topped 20 F yesterday, and I bet at the tops of the hills wind chill was well below zero.

We saw one of the biggest flocks of turkeys I've ever seen. Randy thought maybe there were 50. I'd buy that.

Anyway, it was just a pretty great day to be outside. Think we might give it another try today. I'll try to get some pictures today.

LM

1 comment:

jamesb said...

Glad you had a nice ski. You missed a good race in Panama, NE yesterday. (http://sufferinn.blogspot.com) I think you said you've done that one in the past...